+6
Voting

Project Tokens not saving when iRidium is not closed by normal user shutdown

Jackie Roos 8 years ago in i2 Control V2.2 updated by Oksana (expert) 8 years ago 3

See attached project 1d_array_save_load_in_token.irpz

1. Run emulator for the first time and token data is 0,0

2. Change token data to 1,1. Close iRidium. Open iRidium. Token Data still 1,1 as expected

Image 10848

3. Run Emulator and Change token data to 2,2:

Image 10847

4. Open task manager and end task on i2 Control

5. Run emulator - Token data is 1,1 but should be 2,2.

Image 10848

This happens on PC's running i2 Control when the PC is restarted eg from Windows updates.

I asked iRidium to FIX this, but they tell me "This is not a bug, the client is configured so that it saves the tokens when the normal shutdown."

To me this is a DESIGN BUG that needs to be fixed to save project tokens when they are CHANGED

Please vote to get this fixed

You're right Jackie... Absolutely right...
Great example!

Thanks Theo, this is a major issue for me as we use Windows PC's and touchscreens in most jobs.

Eg

1. Add weather locations. PC restarts due to Windows updates. The weather locations are no longer there (the program looks faulty to the user)

2. Use project tokens in a scheduling script where the user can enable/disable, change the start times etc. The PC restarts. All the users' changes are not saved. Again we look stupid.

3. We are storing data in project tokens in a commercial site to send email later in the day. The PC restarts. The data is gone. We look incompetent!

Please ask people VOTE TO FIX THIS!