Not a bug

SIP module connection issues

miro suchanek 7 years ago in Applications / i3 Pro updated by Aleksandr Romanov (CTO) 7 years ago 17

Hi,

we used Behnke intercom with iridium v2.2 without errors (except of audio quality). We make a updating of our system to iridium pro. But now we have a connection issues between intercom and i3 pro only on iPads (not on windows 7 based app).

After making a call from intercom and answering the call from iPad, the intercom terminate the connection (after apr. 500ms) due to missing audio codec. Calling from iPad to intercom is made without termination.

Behnke Intercom supported codecs: G.711 (uLaw), G.711 (aLaw), G.726, G.721.

What is the difference between the SIP module for iOS and Windows?

It is possible to use the old SIP module in Iridium Pro ?h

I would like to ask you for urgent solution.

Best Regards

Miro

Waiting for user's reply

Hello!

As I understand it, you don't have problems when using i3Pro on Windows? Only when you using i3Pro on iPad?

the intercom terminate the connection (after apr. 500ms) due to missing audio codec

How do you know that error in the audio codec? This was reported by your intercom? Or this error was showed by iridium?

But you are right, the error is likely related to the audio codec.

But to make sure, we need the additional information.

The client on iOS and on Windows works the same, so the problem must be repeated in both cases.

If the problem persists on Windows, do please sniff the network and send it to us. Sniff can be done using Wireshark.

Hi Dmitry,

yes the problem is only on iOS.

The error with codecs was reported by intercom.

We used the same client, but on windows we don't have a problem with the comunication.

It is possible to use the old SIP module in Iridium Pro until you will find out the solution?

And the comunication from intrcom to iOS client not working, but the comunication from iOSclient to intercom is working.

Hi Dmitry,

yes the problem is only on iOS.

The error with codecs was reported by intercom.

We used the same client, but on windows we don't have a problem with the comunication.

It is possible to use the old SIP module in Iridium Pro until you will find out the solution?

And the comunication from intrcom to iOS client not working, but the comunication from iOSclient to intercom is working.

Hello Dmitry,

Do you have some news?

Hello!

Most likely this is due to the fact that the intercom during a call, switch audio codecs. Iridium can not switch codecs during work.

Try turning off all audio codecs in driver, and then enable one codec and make a call.

Then disable the first audio codec, and enable the following codec, again make the call. Whether will be repeated the error if you enable only one codec?

Also please send us sniff the connection, which can be done using Wireshark. I.e. run the SIP project on the computer and on the same computer run Wireshark. Then make a call from intercom to the computer. Save sniff from the program Wireshark and send it to us.

You need to disable and enable codecs in the driver.

Hi Dmitry,

How could I contact you through private message. I dont want to send you the data from wireshark through public comunication?

Miro

You can write a private letter on our e-mail support@iridiummobile.ru

Dear Aleksander,

what does it mean - NOT A BUG? What are your proposals for solution this issue?

Thank you

Miro, good afternoon!

A month ago Dmitry suggested writing a mail to technical support, after which there was no answer from you. So either the problem was solved by you yourself, or with personal support from Dmitry. If the question is still relevant, I ask you to write to the e-mail support@iridiummobile.ru

Thank you

Dear Aleksandr,

for the record, I have writen to iridium support almost every week without response from anybody - till yesterday. I sent the required data on February 8th 2017! I would like to ask you (as CTO) for supervising of this proces.

Thank you

Miro

Under review

Oh, I'm sorry that you've been waiting for an answer for so long. I will control this issue.

As I know, your question is solved?

Yes it is solved...