Waiting for user's reply

Why is i3 Pro Studio so incredibly unstable?

Wouter van der Post 3 months ago in Applications / i3 Pro • updated by Aleksandr Romanov (CTO) 2 months ago 22

I'm working on new gallery templates but during the day working in Studio I'm being bombarded with "Access violations" after which the Studio software is completely un-usable. You can't save your work, or get more message boxes with access violations.

I'm using v1.1.9.548 on Windows 10 with the latest updates.

This is very annoying, very frustrating and costs me way too much time.

Try running from administrator account.

I am a local admin on my machine.

Waiting for user's reply

Wouter, try please:

1. Uninstall i3pro

2. Delete folder "iRidium pro documents" from your Document folder (like C:\Users\NAMEUSER\Documents\iRidium pro documents). Attention: all projects will be deleted.

3. Install i3pro with Administrator privilege.

4. Run studio with Administrator privilege.

Doesn't help.

Just to clarify, the access violations happen on random actions/moments. For example I just imported some png's to my Project Gallery and then one popped up. I could however click OK and save my project with this one, this is not always the case unfortunately.

1. Disable antivirus

2. Add iRidium Studio in exception of DEP http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-data-execution-prevention-dep

same troubles over here... running as admin! Win7

Same here, it looks like it became much more unstable since latest versions (>1.1.6) So to be able to work a bit with it I still use version 1.1.6. In 1.1.6 I get also access violations but it's not as much as in the newer versions. 

Especially when copy/pasting pages or popups the access violations are shown.

Using windows 10 and running studio with Admin privilege.

Exactly the moment's i have those errors indeed.

Hi,

Try to start the debug version of the studio https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hvwbahmzi0k1v2/debugStudio.zip?dl=0  (just replace 2 files from the archive in the Studio installation folder). After the "fall" in the user documents, archive the contents of the Log folder (like C:\Users\USER\Documents\iRidium pro documents\Studio\Log) and send it to us. Thanks for the help.

In the zip file there is an 'editor.exe' and 'editor.map' file. In the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\iRidium 

Ltd\iRidium Pro\Studio) these files do not exist.

Which files should be replaced?

Just copy 2 files and run editor.exe (instead iRidium Studio.exe)

I can't start editor.exe, it complains about a missing DLL: 

Basically translates to:

Code execution can't continue because FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll is missing. You can possibly solve this error by reinstalling the application.

Can you send a debug version of the new 1.2.0 version  so we can continue to supply you logs of access violations. I've already encountered them on the new version....

Hi,
sorry, but the debug version will only be available in 1.5 weeks ...

Thanks for your efforts in improving the product.

+1

Hereby the first one. The editor kept on displaying Access Violations (the same address), so I had to kill it using the task manager after a minute. The log might contain a lot of duplicate entries...

This crash occurred when I dragged a template from the gallery.

log_2017.08.29.txt

Thank you... we will check it. If you will have crash again, please sent log.

I'm having problems with things as simple as copy and paste.  Most of the time this results in a crash. 

This is one of the most unstable AV programs I have ever seen.

Number 2:

log_2017.08.29_2.txt

This time I deleted a template (with an integrated JS file) from the gallery and continued working on a page.

I was merging 2 projects, got an access violation

log_2017.09.01.txt

Again, merging a project.

Situation:

Merged the projects. Studio tells there is a popup with a certain name in both projects.

I delete the popup on the project I put into the other project and merge again.

Studio asks to save the changed project, studio asks to save the new (merged) project. Starts saving -> Access violation

log_2017.09.01.txt

Hello!

Could you send us the projects in which you see the problem? You can send the projects to our e-mail support@iridiummobile.ru