+2
Answered

Sonos not working in i3 Pro 3.0

Theo Derks - NL (distributor) 8 years ago in Applications / i3 Pro updated by cuong nguyen 5 years ago 33

Hi,

is it right, the current example for Sonos is not working?

i tested the driver on www.iridiumMobile.net, but it's not working.

Please fix

Thanks

Theo

Answer

PINNED

This is an EXAMPLE implementation of a module for Sonos: sonos.irpz

Answered

Hello Theo,

Yes, it is right, Sonos will be not support in the first release version i3 pro.

+2

Hi Oksana,

When will the driver for Sonos updated, and available for 3.0 ?

Customers are asking for this.

Thanks

Theo

Waiting for user's reply

Driver "Sonos v2" is working in i3 pro, what special do you mean?

P.S. Sonos driver with using a new List API is in developing now.

Hi Oksana,

You say:
"P.S. Sonos driver with using a new List API is in developing now."

Now, it's 3 months after that....

When can we use the new driver?

Thanks

Theo

Theo, Sonos driver is presented only as an example (see below). Now we finish the deployment of storage modules (iRidium store), and then Let us about the integration of the data modules to maximally preserve the usual scheme of development through drivers. Goal: module == driver.
In summary: sonos driver will not be. Will the module, and it is not too fast. While that can be used in projects working example based on AV-driver.

Hi Aleksandr,

Can you try to explain this again. I don´t understand what you mean.

Thank you,

Hi Aleksandr,

i don't understand you.

Please explain.

Thanks!

Theo

1. This is an EXAMPLE implementation of a module for Sonos (working in 3.0): sonos.irpz

2. We will not develop sonos driver

3. We develop a way that the modules can be used as drivers

Is it clear now?

Hello Aleksandr,

So you call them Modules now not drivers. I understood that. Will I be able to customize the modules myself? For example i downloaded the "Yahoo Weather Module" and integrated/adapted it to my own design. I guess i will able to do the same with the Sonos module right ?

What is the approximate time frame for the clean Sonos module to be ready ?

Thanks,

Paulo

Actually the confusion is what is the difference between a driver and a module?

Paulo, of course you can change the design. Dates I am ready I will announce only the end of August ...

indeed we just need a working driver! Not one that is kind of working..

Have you tried our example? What features do not work?

When searching for Radio channel no result.. Loading keeps appearing.

It's weird, because it has been tested and works well. You have a stable internet connection? Native application successfully looking for a radio station?

Yes stable and yes native works fine testing on iPad air

+1

Rebooted Sonos player and now works!

One step forward 2 steps back.

Waiting for user's reply
+1

Hello,

when is de driver for sonos available for 3.0. Yesterday i used the driver sonos v2 but it isn t working correct.

The radiostations doesn t work en sometimes the i3pro app close itself on my ipad.

Indeed it's taking a long time!

PINNED

This is an EXAMPLE implementation of a module for Sonos: sonos.irpz

Aleksandr, is this example working in 3.0?

Thanks

Theo

Hello,

sonos.irpz for V3 working correctly, but if add Sonos Sub in Sonos player sonos.irpz not working.

Artur, I do not understand. Example works, but does not work? How do you add a sub?

OK, for example.

I have two Sonos zone - TV room (Sonos Playbar) and Kitchen (Sonos Connect:Amp). I listen music, Internet radio station e.t.c. I can control this system via Sonos app and iRidium Sonos module (sonos. irpz).

In TV room me need more bass. I buy Sonos Sub, with Sonos app add to my system and attach it to TV room zone. As a result TV room zone include Sonos Playbar (+Sub). Via Sonos app I can control system, but in iRidium Sonos module I don't see TV room and Kitchen zone. I detach Sub from TV room zone, Sonos module work correctly.

Oh, I see! But we have a situation in the example are not considered to make a composite device (sonos + subwoofer). You may have to develop a solution for such an option.

Aleksandr, do you have solutions for this? I have 12 Sonos Connect:Amp and 12 Sonos Sub, same trouble with Artur

Ok, it's not a bug. Sonos module with limited functionality.

hi there..after merging this project (sonos.irpz) into my project, the i3 pro is crashing (ipad 2 + samsung tablet + ipad air )..

is there a stabil version of Sonos solution ?