| For the SIP server to be available for connection for remote devices, you need to open it for external access. It means you need to forward the port of accessing the SIP server on the router connected to the Internet: |
PORT FORWARDING HAS TO BE MADE FOR ROUTER PORTS:
- 5060 (TCP) – the main port of connection to the server (for Mobotix T24/T25 it is port 5061). It serves for registration and receiving commands from the server.
- RTP ports (UDP) – see the iRidium project and server set up. The range can be either 7078-9078 or 40000-41000. It is required to forward the RTP ports as they are used to transfer voice.
When the ports are forwarded it is possible to connect to the server via the Internet using the router external IP-address or domain name (when using DDNS or NoIP).
- SIP Server – the setting provides connection to the remote server via port 12005 (the router forwards data from port 12005 to the server port: 5060). The forwarding is recommended due to the fact that many providers block data exchange through port 5060 (the standard SIP port).
- SIP RTP – the range of RTP ports for voice transfer
- 192.168.0.41 – the IP-address of the SIP server in the local network
FINDING THE EXTERNAL IP-ADDRESS OF YOUR ROUTER (SIP SERVER):
Use one of free services to find your IP-address in the Internet, for example: http://www.whatismyip.com/
You need to refer to the server from the same local network in which your SIP server is running.
As an example we will write the external address of your SIP server as 126.96.36.199
SETTING UP THE IRIDIUM PROJECT FOR CONNECTING TO THE REMOTE SIP SERVER:
Set up the SIP driver in the project iRidium for SIP:
When the panel works via 3G/4G or in a random WiFi network via the dynamic IP-address it is required to find the external address of the control panel: Extrenal IP automatically for correct setting up of the driver.
- Host - the external IP-address of the router to which the SIP server is connected
- Port - the port forwarded on the router for connection to the SIP server. It is 5060 by default. See the example of 12005:5060 forwarding to avoid blocking of connection from the provider.
- Password – the password of connection to the server (for the selected account)
- Caller (ID) Name – the subscriber’s name (for example: User)
- SIP ID – the subscriber’s identifier (can be Caller ID, for example: 102)
- First RTP Port – the beginning of the range of RTP ports used for voice transfer
- Last RTP Port – the ending of the range of RTP ports used for voice transfer. The range of RTP ports is indicated if some UDP ports are forbidden for use on the router. This range has to be forwarded on the router when working via the Internet.
- Use SIP TONE – to generate SIP message of DTMF dialing
- USE DTMF TONE – to generate messages of DTMF dialing
- Extrenal IP – the external IP-address of your control panel is it is STATIC (if the panel us in the network connected to the router with the static external IP-address). If the IP-address is not static:
There is a special script for that (see below).
FINDING "EXTERNAL IP" OF THE CONTROL PANEL WHEN WORKING VIA THE INTERNET:
If External IP (the property of the SIP driver in the iRidium settings) is unknown, then calls with subscribers via the remote SIP server won’t work because the server has to get the IP-address of the panel for calls. The panel has to give its external IP-address to the property External IP.
You can find the panel address using the script below.
The script for checking the external address works only with Pro licenses.
Download the script for switching between the local and external качать address of the SIP server
The script has to be added in your project (via the script editor, the [JS] button in the editor):
Set up its parameters (they have to correspond to the properties of the SIP driver in the editor):
The script will enable receipt of the external IP-address of the control panel it is running on. Address search is performed automatically, but applying of new settings (connection to the server via either the local or external address) is performed by clicking the button in the project.
The buttons have to be created in the project and the commands ScriptCall(ExternalIP) and ScriptCall(LocalIP) for activating local or external connection settings have to be assigned to them: